Thursday, April 8, 2010

I wish I could have girl child!


Audacious smiles
laughter ringing clear
-warm hugs and
little sudden pecks on my cheeks!
A whirlwind of a girl;
now here, gone in a flash!
endearing entreaties
-unquestioning love!
Long long hours of girlish talk
-boys, books, heroes and men!
Life, love, trust and THAT!
Confiding giggles
-while ogling the boys…
summing them up, then
walking by in disdain!!
Cheering her up
when sadness strikes
-being there for her…
just in case, she asks!
Holding her hand
-without her knowing..
as only moms can do;
though she, being mine,
would know it too…!!!
Sharing myself with her
-my fears, my joys
my secrets, and my ploys
-Ending the day in warmth
so wonderful
so fierce and filling..
Wishing each mother had
a daughter..
so like mine!!

1 comment: